French painter Marc Desgrandchamps at work on two of the three new images to be released December 4 at an exhibition/launch at the Atelier space of new book project Fragments with texts by Pliny the Elder.
An American-born publisher and printer based in Paris, Michael Woolworth established his atelier in 1985. The shop specializes in lithography techniques on hand presses, as well as woodcuts, linocuts, monotypes, etchings and multiples. Michael Woolworth Publications produces its own editions throughout the year, and organizes events in galleries, museums, bookstores, art fairs and in the print shop itself.
In 2011, Michael Woolworth was named a Chevalier dans l'ordre des arts et des lettres by the French culture ministry. That same year, he was honored by the French government with the title of Maître d'art (Master Printer) and in 2012, the atelier was also recognized by the government as part of France's 'living heritage' (Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant, or EPV). Since 2008, Julien Torhy, a printer trained at the Ecole supérieure des beaux-arts de Cornouaille in Quimper, France, has been a full-time collaborator in the atelier.
To see what's new from month to month, please click on the "Projects" page
|Recent editions||Upcoming editions|
Click on artist name for direct access.
- Highline, a large size lithograph, edition of 15 by Gilgian Gelzer. 164 x 124 cm.
- Two lithographs and a series of 15 monotypes by Didier Demozay, sizes 50x65 cm or 76 x 56 cm.
- 5 original editions combining lithography, woodcut, etching, collage and photogravure, by Blaise Drummond.
- Hanko, a series of 25 monotypes by Richard Gorman. 65 x 50 cm.
- A color lithograph by Frédérique Loutz. 56 x 76 cm.
- An artists' book by Farhad Ostovaniinterpreting a poem by Emily Dickinson, translated into French by the distinguished poet Yves Bonnefoy.
- An artists' book "The Liberties" with text by American poet Susan Howe and images by Stéphane Bordarier ,co-published with TH.TY. (Théâtre Typographique).
- A series of 5 prints titled Take Five by Gilgian Gelzer. Edition size 14. Format 90x63 cm.
- Volume 4 of the Thousand and One Nights by José Maria Sicilia.
- An artists' book by Frédérique Loutz on Little Red Riding Hood.
- An artists' book by Marc Desgrandchamps, Fragments from Pliny the elder.
- Five double face lithographs on various Japanese papers by Jean François Maurige. Format around 60x40 cm.
- One complex color lithograph handrawn by Miquel Mont, an assemblage of 12 of his cover designs for imagined 45 rpm records. Format 90 x 63 cm.