Stéphane Bordarier Didier Demozay Marc Desgrandchamps Mélanie Delattre-Vogt Jim Dine Blaise Drummond
Gilgian Gelzer Jean François Maurige Djamel Tatah
Thirty five works of recent editions will be shown at this special invitation by Europe's oldest triennial,
in the town of Grenchen. http://www.triennale.ch
An American-born publisher and printer based in Paris, Michael Woolworth established his atelier in 1985. The shop specializes in lithography techniques on hand presses, as well as woodcuts, linocuts, monotypes, etchings and multiples. Michael Woolworth Publications produces its own editions throughout the year, and organizes events in galleries, museums, bookstores, art fairs and in the print shop itself.
In 2011, Michael Woolworth was named a Chevalier dans l'ordre des arts et des lettres by the French culture ministry. That same year, he was honored by the French government with the title of Maître d'art (Master Printer) and in 2012, the atelier was also recognized by the government as part of France's 'living heritage' (Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant, or EPV). Since 2008, Julien Torhy, a printer trained at the Ecole supérieure des beaux-arts de Cornouaille in Quimper, France, has been a full-time collaborator in the atelier.
To see what's new from month to month, please click on the "Projects" page
|Recent editions||Upcoming editions|
Click on artist name for direct access.
- Perroquet & Banjo. Five double face lithographs on Japanese 30 gr paper by Jean François Maurige. Editions around ten copies. Formats approx 65 x 50 cm.
- An artists' book by Marc Desgrandchamps, Fragments. Text by Pliny the elder.
- Confrontation, Le Cercle & La Nuit, three new original chromo lithographs by Marc Desgrandchamps at 164x124 cm; 120x80 cm & 90x63 cm. Edition sizes between 18 & 35.
- Highline, a large size lithograph, edition of 15 by Gilgian Gelzer. 164 x 124 cm.
- Two lithographs and a series of 15 monotypes by Didier Demozay, sizes 50x65 cm or 76 x 56 cm.
- 5 original editions combining lithography, woodcut, etching, collage and photogravure, by Blaise Drummond.
- Hanko, a series of 25 monotypes by Richard Gorman. 65 x 50 cm.
- A color lithograph "Ratiches" by Frédérique Loutz. 56 x 76 cm.
- An artists' book by Farhad Ostovaniinterpreting a poem by Emily Dickinson, translated into French by the distinguished poet Yves Bonnefoy.
- An artists' book "The Liberties" with text by American poet Susan Howe and images by Stéphane Bordarier ,co-published with TH.TY. (Théâtre Typographique).
- A series of 5 prints titled Take Five by Gilgian Gelzer. Edition size 14. Format 90x63 cm.
- Volume 4 of the Thousand and One Nights by José Maria Sicilia.
- An artists' book by Frédérique Loutz on Little Red Riding Hood.
- One complex color lithograph handrawn by Miquel Mont, an assemblage of 12 of his cover designs for imagined 45 rpm records. Format 90 x 63 cm.
- A series of lithographs by Mélanie Delattre-Vogt around A3 size.
- A set of ten monotypes 124 x 94 cm by Pierre Mabille
- 7 monotypes 105 x 75 cm by Carole Benzaken